Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Seabourn Sojourn Inaugural and Maiden Voyage - Part XII - Some Videos and Photos

I was sorting some of my videos and photos of the Seabourn Sojourn Maiden Voyage and Inauguration this morning and thought I might give you a taste of what is to come.  And a little discussion on why I am continually so impressed with Seabourn.

Honestly, I was not prepared for the Inaugural Celebration to be as moving as it was, so at the last minute I pulled my mobile telephone from my pocket and videoed the last moments.  It isn't the highest of quality, but it hopefully will give you a sense of what "Seabourn Style" is all about. 

To set the stage, so to speak, there were enormous floral arrangements everywhere, a huge ice martini bar, champagne flowing, passed canapés, and more.  Then, on Deck 9 overlooking the pool (which also had a floating floral arrangement) four beautiful women playing a high tech string quartet started playing classical music with more and more power and volume culminating with this:




Now, I try to be fair and objective about things and this is a perfect example as to why I have so much more confidence recommending The Yachts of Seabourn over Silversea Cruises or Regent Seven Seas Cruises.  If you recall Silversea's Naming Ceremony, it was a boring daytime affair with people seated in rows followed by a number of boring speeches. On the other hand, Seabourn put on "The Show"...and remember I haven't shown you the celebration for the Maiden Voyage Sailaway or the Seabourn Experience in Reykjavik as of yet.

Open bars and service with a smile is just not enough.  Gimmicks don't really do it.  There needs, in my opinion, to be a "Wow Factor".  I am confident that Seabourn will consistently continue to provide that Wow Factor.  When was the last time you heard of being wowed on Silversea or Regent?  Let me know...seriously and I will write about it.

Two days later, the Seabourn Sojourn's Maiden Voyage was undertaken.  Again, with Seabourn Style the British Royal Marines were called in:


This was followed by a lovely speech by the President of The Yachts of Seabourn, Pamela Conover:


More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment